These are sites that I've found over the years to help with various things.
- Seven Ineffective Coding Habits of Many Programmers -
Really good video describing properties of good code. These aren’t really about
writing fast code as much as they are about writing readable and usable code.
- Inlining Code - Email from John Carmack to other members of the
team at ID Software about coding style, namely what the value of dividing a
function into smaller functions actually is.
- Semantic Compression - Article by Casey Muratori on a
process for developing a program step-by-step
Community and People
- Future of Programming -
Great talk by Robert Martin about the future of programming, cuturally
- Code Review - Discussion of soft skills that make
code review easier
- Regexr - Great resource for experimenting with regular
expressions. Also includes a resource for learning regex concepts.
- Learn Vim in a Week - Great intro
to Vim, covers quite a bit of stuff that make it easier to get started
- Vim Magic - Really cool stuff
- Corporate Open Source Anti-Patterns -
Bryan Cantrill’s video on the corporate value of open source and some best
practices when trying to incorporate it into for-profit software
- sentdex -
Youtuber that does really great python tutorials for a ton of different things.